Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just Venting

I promised myself over and over that I would not start a blog and use it for venting. In fact, it has been a good 3 weeks since my last post and I had all these ideas about how I would write on and on about the inspiration I took away from the Mom 2.0 Summit. But, that's all out the window. So here it is.

It all started last week. A couple days out of the week I drive a co-worker home, and along the way I pick my son up from school. I leave my car running with my coworker inside, as I run in to claim my kiddo and sign him out. Running into the building and fetching the boy takes 3-5 minutes tops. Well, one day last week, I came back to my car with the kiddo, and noticed this other parent, let's call her Frustrated, walking around my car. She was there picking her kid up, as I was. As I got closer, she asked if it was my car, I replied, "yes". She asked why I left it running, I indicated that there was someone inside. And as she repeated her question, I thought to myself, "this broad needs to mind her effin business". So I just ignore her and get in my car and drive off. She walks away muttering under her breath. I realized this lady had a problem with me leaving my car running, and that this was probably not the last I would hear about it.

Fast forward to today. I leave my car running, co-worker riding shotgun, and run in to get my kiddo. As I am coming out, Frustrated is pointing out to a couple of other parents that my car is running and that she has a problem with it. Then she yells over to me, "I hope your happy that you destroying your child's future!" So I pack up my kid and get in my car and begin to drive off. I notice Frustrated is walking back into the school building. And this is where I park my car, leave it running and head back into the school building to handle my business. When I walk in, she is telling the teacher on duty how FRUSTRATED she is that I leave my car running and that I am contributing to pollution,...... etc. So I kindly reply to the teacher on duty that I acknowledge Frustration's complaint, and that in efforts to contribute to saving the planet, I car pool and ask if leaving my car on for the 3-5 minutes it takes to scoop up my kiddo is a problem? The teacher replies no and Frustrated goes on and on about how FRUSTRATED she is, and can't I ask my passenger sit in a turned off car? My response is NO, and I delivered it with a smile. I offered an apology for, not sure why. And the teacher on duty explained to Frustrated that I was not breaking any rules or policies and that she did not want to "get in the middle of it". I thanked her and told Frustrated that I did not appreciate the rude comment she yelled across the parking lot and added that she should not behave like that in front of her child, in fact children should not see adults talk to each other in a rude manner. Frustrated continued to complain of her frustration, at which point I bid everyone good night and to go with God. I have a feeling this will not be the last I hear about this. Proud I didn't have to GET REAL. Praying for you Frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment